Discover a hidden civilization
The Emberá people is one of the 7
country´s independent indigenous group.
Visiting them is an encounter with the
sense of primitivness
that rarely in other places can be found.
Today you are their special guest
they willl be pleased to meet you.
Your journey back to the roots beggins...
Map of the Tour
Starting : Panamá Min. - Max. Group Size: 2-16
Days in total : 1 Day Min. Age : 15 years
Emberá Indigenous Lunch
Canoe ride fee
Transport by Bus and motor Canoe
Experienced Local Guide and Tour Manager
- Embera´s primitive and easy way of life
- You unplug from the stress of modern world
- Tourism encourages the Emberá people to maintain their traditions, culture and language
- No filter needed, your pics will be genuinly primitive
- The hand made colorful artcraft that Emberá´s offer you
- Wild animal you may get the chance to see osprey, toucans, monkeys
- Untouched nature and culture, preserved in a proud way
- And many more! See full itinerary on bottom for all of the Highlights
Emberá Village - Day Tour ( 5 - 6 hours )
Hotel pick-up. Drive for about an hour along the canal and Soberania National park. Arrive to Lake Alajuela, the meeting point with the Embera people.
During the 60 minute motor canoe ride, we pass through virgin rain forest and see many tropical birds. Reaching Emberá´s village and as a special guest you are welcomed with the traditional welcome dance.
A presentation about Embera´s culture goes on and after you will be served a delicious lunch.
Hike with one of the village elders to learn about their medicinal plants, get a cultural temporary tattoo, swim in the river, play with the Emberá children, interact with the villagers or take pictures.
See the display of shamanic and celebrational music and dancing by the villagers.
Return to Panamá.