Discover a hidden civilization
The Emberá people is one of the 7
country´s independent indigenous group.
Visiting them is an encounter with the
sense of primitiveness
that rarely can be found in other places.
Today they will be pleased to meet you
enjoy lunch, dance with them, get to know
the medicinal plants they use.
Your journey back to the roots begins...
Map of the Tour
Starting : Panamá Min. - Max. Group Size: 2 - 6
Days in total : 1 Day Duration : 8 hrs.
Emberá Indigenous Lunch
Canoe ride fee
Transport by air con. van and motor canoe
Experienced Local Guide and Tour Manager
- Embera´s primitive and easy way of life
- Unplug from the stress of modern world
- Wild animal you may get the chance to see on route: osprey, toucans, monkeys
- No filter needed, your pics will be genuinly primitive
- The hand made colorful artcraft that Emberá´s offer you
- Untouched nature and culture, preserved in a proud way
- And many more! See full itinerary on bottom for all of the Highlights
Emberá Village - Day Tour ( 8 hours )
Hotel pick-up. Drive for about an hour along the canal and Soberania National park.
Arrive to Lake Alajuela, the meeting point with the Embera people.
During the 60 minute motor canoe ride, we pass through virgin rain forest and
see many tropical birds. Reaching Emberá´s village and as a special guest
you are welcomed with the traditional welcome music.
A presentation about Embera´s culture goes on and after you will be served a delicious lunch.
Hike with one of the village elders to learn about their medicinal plants,
get a temporary tattoo, swim in the river, play with the Emberá children,
interact with the villagers or take pictures.
See a performance of celebrational music and dancing by the villagers. Return to Panamá.